Friday, June 24, 2011

Let it be...

So…I have a sad update :(

As some of you may know, my dad has been battling cancer for the past few months. Things were still stable when I left for the Philippines, but as of this week things have really taken a turn for the worse. I don’t really know all of the details or what is happening, but I need to go back home this weekend. The cancer is really just taking over his body from what I understand. He had a seizure while he was in the hospital and didn’t wake up for a long time. I think he is semi-conscious now. Things are just not looking good, and we don't know how much longer he has.

I am really confused about the whole situation. Being so far away and not knowing what is happening is really stressful, and as much as I don’t want to leave Stairway, I want to be home as soon as possible. There are two typhoons passing through, so my flight is scheduled for Sunday night.

I have no clue what I’m going home to. I don’t know what is going to happen or when it will. There are so many things we don’t have control over…this is one of those situations where I need to remind myself to let it be, even when life just doesn't seem fair.

Prayers please, for my family, and especially my mom who is with my dad at Sloan.