Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Destination, rock steady...destination, people get ready

37 hours later and I'm safely here at Stairway!

The trip was long, but pretty much uneventful.

Something about airports always gets me a little emotional. I ended up waiting a while at JFK because my car dropped me off early, leaving lots of time for reflection and some liquid feelings. No worries, this is completely normal and expected. Thank you to Julia for the routine phone call :) Literally wherever she is in the world, she always answers my phone calls when she knows I am in transit somewhere! Youdabestttt.

The flight from JFK to London was a little turbulent. I forgot how much I like British accents.
London to Bangkok was a cool flight...we flew over the Middle East and Central Asia....but it was dark, so I couldn't see much out of the window except for lights occasionally. I tried to guess the cities by their size and by the radar on the plane that shows where you are on the map. It is so weird to think about all of the people down there. I always wonder what they are doing, and on some level, regret not being able to meet every person and find out.

There was also a ton of lightening all over the sky which was at first, alarming because I did not realize what it was, but I probably stared out the window fascinated by it for at least 2 hours.

From Bangkok I flew to Manila and now I'm at Stairway. I'll post a bit later about the rest of the journey to Stairway, but for now I am off to bed!

Loveee