Saturday, July 2, 2011

Round my hometown memories are fresh, oh the people I've met are the wonders of my world.

Not exactly sure how to write about this…but for the sake of keeping up this summer’s blog, I will try.

Today was my dad’s funeral. Yesterday, the wake. I have never seen more people in a 24 hour period. Nor have I ever felt more loved and supported by all of the people in my life. There must have been over 1000 people who came to the wake…it was such a long day, exhausting, but I didn’t want it to end. Seeing all of those people coming to say goodbye to my dad, all of the people’s lives he touched, was incredible. I have never felt so many emotions at one time. I was sad, confused, in shock. But at the same time I was so proud to have had such an awesome dad. Erica put together a slideshow that played in the background with pictures from my dad’s life, and looking up at those pictures I was so happy to remember all of the amazing times we had together. He loved us so much, and we love him.

Despite of all the sadness, I can't help thinking that we are so blessed. We have the most amazing family and friends in the world. I couldn’t imagine having gone through the past few days without them. Thank you, everyone…you know who you are <3

We’ll see what the next week has in store. I know I will be returning to the Philippines but I’m not sure when.