Thursday, June 2, 2011

They speak of progress

Today was really cool. Things are moving along quickly!


I had a bit of an orientation meeting with Ate Ami, the social worker here, who pretty much runs the show. It is so great to see her again. She is one really cool person. She is very liberal for a Filipina, and is extremely independent, smart, and caring, with a heart of gold. She is awesome to talk to about all different things, especially issues that might be taboo here.


She was extremely supportive of my goals for my research and is excited about helping me in any way she can.


Ate Teena, the coordinator for the scholarship program from which i will recruit most of my survey participants, has also been super helpful already.

We are in the process of setting everything up now in order to recruit participants and schedule times for surveys.


I saw Monica, Lars, and their daughter, Izana this morning and it is awesome to be around them again! They are such inspiring people. Their son, Zachary, will be back from boarding school in the US next week and it will be great to see him again as well.


Tonight I am going to hang out with some people from one of the groups staying here!