Friday, January 22, 2010

Sitting in the railway station. Got a ticket for my destination.

Railway station... airport, what's the difference anyway? They both signify the beginning and the end of a trip. Today was my last day here in London and tomorrow morning I will be on an 8 hour plane ride back to the US. The rules of travel, to me, are interesting ones. I like to think that the journey back home, no matter how long or short, is the right amount of time for me to debrief, to collect my thoughts, and as the ship approaches the port, the train comes to a halt at the platform, or the plane touches down on the runway, to begin thinking about what comes next.

As I prepare myself for my trip home, I honestly can't believe how quickly the past few weeks have flown by. I have really had a terrific time here, and I wish we had more time to spend. I have to say thank you to the group of people who were here with me. I have really enjoyed getting to know each one of them over the course of this trip- especially in this last week. I think our group meshed pretty well together, especially for coming in as such a random conglomerate of individuals.

I think my previous post still encompasses the way I am feeling about London right now. I have absolutely been able to embrace this place despite my initial assumptions and expectations. This is really such a cool, diverse, historically rich city, and I have definitely grown to learn about it and appreciate it. I don't feel ready to leave, but I have been alloted these three weeks. No more, no less...for now that is. So I prepare myself to be ready to leave and go back home. And with that, I prepare myself to be ready to figure out my next steps, my next adventure.