Sunday, May 2, 2010

There's high adventure in the air

Ok, everyone, well you know I love the United States, but you also know that I love leaving it every couple months or so! It's been about 5 months since I've been on my last world exploration, and I am ready to get started on my next one...this time to a region I have never been before...Central America! I will be in Guatemala for two months this summer volunteering at an NGO in San Juan la Laguna, a village near Panajachel on Lake Atitlan, working on my Spanish, and doing a lot of photography!

Although my departure is less than a month away, I still don't know who I'll be working with, who I'll be living with, or exactly what I'll be doing, but that is half the fun! I should be getting some more information about my host family and placement very soon.