Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Summer Adventure 2009

I am so excited to share with everyone the amazing opportunity that I have this summer. I will be in the Philippines for two months working with the Stairway Foundation, a recovery center for sexually abused street children and former child prisoners. Stairway is located on the island of Oriental Mindoro, about an 3 hours from Manila.

At Stairway I am working on their campaign against child sexual abuse and exploitation called Break the Silence.

I am traveling and working with 3 other students from the United States- all of us will be working on projects at Stairway. The Stairway Foundation is a residential facility and we are living on the Stairway campus.

I feel so blessed to have been given this incredible opportunity to learn first hand about the culture of the Philippines, to meet the people there, and to hopefully help the Stairway Foundation and the kids there in any way that I can during my stay.

For more information on the Stairway Foundation, check out their website.

If you have any more questions, feel free to shoot me an email! My email address is mharrison9@elon.edu.