Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Home, Sweet Home

6 flights, 5 countries, 4 boat rides, many tricycle and tuk tuk rides, and 2 overnight trains later, my summer trip has ended.

This has been one of the most amazing experiences of my life, and I will never forget it. The people I met, the food I tasted, the places I saw, and the things I experienced have surely left a mark on me.

Traveling teaches you a lot about yourself, and about those who you are with. I am so glad to have been able to share this experience with 3 incredible people-Mitch, Alex, and Carissa. We are 4 different people with extremely different talents, likes, dislikes, etc...but we really became our own little family over the course of the past 11 weeks.

I hope to continue to write about this trip as things come up, and will insert them into their place in the blog. Thanks to everyone who has prayed for this trip and was interested in the work I did this summer.

Where will I be going next?...London- in January for Winter Term! To do a Human Services practicum. More on that to come!